Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!


Another year has rolled out before us. It's now or never. I will update my blog once a week. This year promises to be even better, busier and more blissful.
A little about what's been going on with my art:
Last year got me more showings and exposure than ever before. Starting with the Morristown Library show, there was the one month solo at The Spot in Newport and All Celebrity Travels in Morristown, followed by Three Flights Up, Dentalworks, Bliss Home & Art, Stir Fry Cafe and Belleza (all in Knoxville). The HIGHLIGHT was getting an entire wall at JamesBen Studio and Art Center in Greeneville (JamesBen has been representing my art for the last four years and has a large part in my progress!)
The trip to California resulted in an entry into a juried show at Barton Gallery. Two pieces showed for a month at Helen Jones Gallery, two pieces are in a holiday group show, and I have a booking for a solo show in May 2010 (all in Sacramento). My studio (more in the next post about that one) and Classes are going steady, and now I am venturing in Indian cooking demonstrations , the first one was at JamesBen's cooking stadium(more later).
Folks: Please help me keep up with this blog. I need your suggestions. I don't want this to be about me and my world. It's about us all. I will share my thoughts, and urge you to share yours with me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The double yellow line means DO NOT CROSS. It's a metaphor I am using for some of my paintings now. These pictures are of the pieces before they got all the little people put in. I forgot to take pictures of the finished ones, which now hang at Stir Fry Cafe in Turkey Creek.
I meant to show that there is a better, more colorful, more serene world beyond the barrier.
All it takes is the will to cross it. And when it is a double yellow line, it may even be a risk, and may result in a price to be paid.

1 comment:

Sush said...

Congrats and good luck with the showings . Love the double yellow line concept. You live once and if you don't take chances and risks , who knows what we may have missed out on? I believe that one must have a good heart and a positive outlook.. Go for whatever life throws at you. Life is beautiful, No?
Sush