Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2 new paintings in progress and 1 to stay halfway



This is a long canvas I am working on at home. 24" tall x 72" wide. It started rather dull (see below), but the blue and the rickety rope-bridge have tied it together somewhat.
Once I add my little white people it will begin to speak, tell a story....


Then there is this one, a huge canvas we built at the studio. I am glad the way this one is turning out, though at this point I have no clue where it is going. But I have faith in the fact that it will all come together in an interesting way. I have combined Park Guel and the courtyard cafe of my mind's eye....
And then there is this pelican.. Don't know what to do with him! So he will stay that way, between the daytime scene of a seaside town, and the night sky of an island country.